I LOVE to experiment and try new things with my nails. Although this isn't my first time trying the water marbling nail technique this is the first time that I can say I absolutely loveeeeeeeeeeeee the results! I used four colors to make this design. Bright pink, pale shimmer pink, orange and blue! However, they are not perfect up close but from a far they are sooo cute and summer-y and gorgeous! I will definitely do this again!
Monday, June 13, 2011
Sunday is my wash day and as you know I currently have a sew in installed. Since I moisturize throughout the week I like to wash my scalp and make sure its clean. Hair can't grow when you're scalp is dirty and dirt/oil and product buildup is clogging the hair follicle.
- I dilute my shampoo with water that way it can easily get access to my scalp.
- I dilute my conditioner with water that way it too can easily gain access to my scalp and rinse out with ease. (I only dilute my conditioner on wash days; on co-wash days I only let water touch my scalp and i only condition the length of my weave)
- Separate my tracks so I can have better access to my braids & scalp
- Scrub and massage my scalp to clean and provide stimulation (blood flow to hair follicle)
- Don't apply shampoo to length of wave (UNLESS, there is a lot of product buildup)
- Treat the weave like it's your own natural hair. ( The weave is human hair and human hair is prone to breakage, split ends, dryness, heat damage. So if I have used a lot of heat ill add a little protein and moisturize my weave that way it will last longer.)
- Co-wash the length of my weave to keep it soft & lustrous.
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Today I wanted to spruce up my usual everyday look. I decided to add a hint of emerald green to my waterline. Nothing drastic. Just enough for a subtle change. I really L-O-V-E-D the result. Here are some photo's in natural light of my look :)
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Sew-in's are great protective styles. They are low manipulation and they hide your hair. Sew in's are great for length and thickness retention. Although sew-in's have a lot of benefits have you ever noticed how dry your hair seem's to be once you take it out? My hair used to always look and feel like a tumble weed until I began to moisturize my hair while in a sew-in. Almost instantly I began to notice a difference. I simply spray some braid moisturizer on my braids and scalp. Check out the video to see how I do this!